This is the review for Bank Street College of Education’s Museum Education department that offers three different programs. There is the Museum Education: Childhood with certification for those interested in teaching in a school classroom or without certification for those interested in teaching outside of a school classroom. Third, there is the Leadership in Museum Education program for those already working in museums. Here are some more fast facts about the program and college:
- To apply for the Leadership in Museum Education program, students must have at least three years of museum experience. The program is for two years, with classes meeting one weekend a month and one week in June each year.
- The Museum Education: Childhood programs, students student teach at a school in the fall and intern at a museum in the spring
- With the certification option, students are eligible for New York state Childhood General Education, grades 1 through 6
- At the end of any of these three programs, students earn an MS in Education
- The College was founded by Lucy Sprague Mitchell; another awesome woman to acknowledge during Women’s History Month