Updated on April 22, 2017, to include information from the director of the program, Jaelyn Eberle.
This is the review for the Museum and Field Studies program offered at the University of Colorado at Boulder. Here are some facts about the program and university:
- The degree earned is a Master of Science
- The program gets 50-75 applications a year and accepts 8-12 students
- To earn said degree, students must complete the two-year program with a thesis or capstone project and a final exam
- Three different tracks are available, collections/field, public/administration, and art history
- The Director of the program considers the program to be a “museum immersion program” where students work at the Natural History Museum for two years, and complete an additional 150-hour internship. Then add in some classes and that thesis or project.
- The majority of graduates find employment within six months after graduation