This is the review for the Museum Education program offered by Tufts University. This is a two-year program through the Education Department that includes Museum Studies courses in its curriculum. This program includes the Museum Studies Graduate Certificate program that can also be completed by itself.
- About 35 students are accepted yearly
- The two-year program requires students to complete five museum studies courses, two education courses and four elective courses on a topic of the student’s choice
- The GRE is required
This information was found here and here. Continue reading “Tufts University, Department of Education”
This is the review for the Museum Studies Certificate offered at Tufts University. Students can earn the Certificate by completing five courses, including one internship course. This is built for working professionals with classes offered in the evening and the option to complete the program as a part-time student. The University also offers combination options with the Department of Art and Art History, History, and Education.
- Recently, the program has admitted two-thirds of its applicants
- The program does not require the GRE and only requires one letter of recommendation
- The internship course requires students to complete 200 hours of the internship
- Offers four different concentrations, History, Art History, Education or Classics.
This information is found here, and here. Continue reading “Tufts University, Museum Studies Certificate”
This is the review for the program at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. This is also the first review of a stand-alone Museum Studies Graduate Certificate program! If you aren’t familiar with the program here are some facts about the Graduate Certificate program and university:
- Established in 1963 by UWM and the Milwaukee Public Museum. Classes are taught off-campus at the Milwaukee Public Museum
- Any graduate student at UWM may apply. The certificate program is within the anthropology department though students from any department (History, Zoology, Library Science, etc.) may earn the Museum Studies Graduate Certificate.
- UWM also offers a separate Art Museum Graduate Certificate. To earn that certificate, students must be enrolled in the Art History MA program. I have not received any survey responses concerning this program. If I do, this program will have its own blog post.
Continue reading “University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee”